CAREER READINESS PROGRAMS
As a First-Generation or Minority Student...
As a first-generation or minority student, our experiences and challenges are different; we are bicultural, multiracial, and encounter the glass ceiling, lack of mentorship, and the opportunity gap. Aspira Consulting provides culturally relevant career readiness programs to help first-generation and minority students embrace their journey, value their identity, and create a powerful career narrative. As a first-generation professional, Oscar Garcia has successfully overcome career pitfalls, blended his professional and bicultural identity, and today empowers others, so opportunities come to them.
Career Readiness Program
Our 5-week culturally relevant Career Readiness Program provides first-gen and minority students with relatable real-life examples, tools, and techniques to succeed in their career development.
- How to Tell Your First-Generation STory to Get Hired
- Turning Adversity into Positive Career Traits
- Demystifying Networking
- How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome
- How to Successfully Interview Virtually
- How to reframe your personal journey into a powerful career narrative
- Turn adversity into positive career traits
- Leverage cultural wealth to build social capital
- Value your identity to overcome imposter syndrome
- Learn to market yourself to employers
Career Readiness Academy
Our culturally relevant Career Readiness Academy is a comprehensive 10-week program that provides students with a holistic career preparation. Our program teaches students how to embrace their personal journey and leverage their cultural wealth to develop a career strategy and techniques to attract job opportunities.
- Reframe your personal journey into a relatable career narrative
- Create and promote your career portfolio
- Build your professional brand
- How to create a first-generation LinkedIn profile
- Career Networking
- Create a targeted resume
- Communication etiquette
- Effective and efficient job search techniques